Friday, 24 July 2026

Friday Faves & Finds - July 24, 2026

 





No compensation here, and this is not at all homeschool related except in that I slept better last night and that's never a bad thing when you have to get things done.  I just genuinely want to give a shout out to this company.  If you've got a queen or king mattress that is sagging or just not quite firm enough, but you don't want to drop $1500 or more to replace it and you cringe at the idea of putting it in the landfill, Bed Surgeon is what you're looking for.  In about an hour and a half they will open up your mattress, remove the old foam, replace it with upgraded high-density foam, and put it back together.  The cost is $399.99 for a queen and $449.99 for a king, and they serve Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Toronto.


I use so many of these resources with my piano students, and can't recommend them enough!  Check out both TeachPianoToday and WunderKeys!  Signup required, but so worth it.




Free weekly mental-health resources by email, free from Spiritual First Aid.  They are short, accessible, and have relevant takeways for many situations even if you aren't a professional.  Some topics have included compassion fatigue, supporting emotional health in older adults, and substance abuse.




In addition to free online courses for adults and the Imprimis newsletter, Hillsdale College also offers resources for parents including classical education tips, curriculum recommendations, free American History & Civics Lessons

See also: Core Virtues, Hillsdale's literature-based K-6 program for moral education.








Who I'm following:


Dedicated to the notion that one of the things that’s wrong with the world is that there aren’t enough waffles in it and everyone should sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes order “one for the table”.

So far the recipes I have tried from here have been met with rave reviews.  HIGHLY recommend this one:  https://oneforthetable.com/fall/apple-and-banana-oatmeal-cake




My daughter and I have had a blast working out his creative poetry and riddles, mingled with several "awwwwww" moments.  









Popular Posts this Week