Rosemary Green's Diary of a Fat Housewife: A True Story of Humor, Heart-Break, and Hope is a no-holds-barred, no-punches-pulled, gut-wrenchingly honest look at life from the inside of a woman's struggle with weight.
I first read this while pregnant with my second and very hormonal, and it had me both laughing and almost crying. While I personally haven't had to battle the overwhelming compulsions she talks about, I loved her honesty and her willingness to share her entire story (not just the successful parts). Written with sincerity, and at times very real, very raw emotion, this diary is a bit of a roller coaster. If you're a mom who is struggling to lose weight and feels like you're alone in the struggle, go read the reviews on Amazon and then look this one up at your local library if you think it might be helpful.
While I enjoyed this book, not everyone loves the diary style of this book, and there are some things that could be triggering for some people's struggles.