Friday, 10 July 2026

Friday Faves & Finds: July 10, 2026

"Friday Faves & Finds" is my new and hopefully at least semi-regular post of things I want to share with my readers.  It will be a random mix of great deals, creators I love, products I think will help you in your home and homeschool, etc.   (I'd like to say it will be weekly, but I won't guarantee that!)  This week I'm sharing a few products and three of my new favorite cooking blogs.  Enjoy!


Tip: When you are looking at deals on Amazon, compare with other online prices and also view the Price History to see if it's actually a real savings!  Case in point, a particular folding wagon shows a list price of $199.99 and a sale price of $59.98.  But the price history shows that over the past year, the price has actually only ranged from $59.98 to $69.99.  The "list price" is sometimes nothing but a gimmick.



We added CuriosityStream to our library of streaming services a few years ago, and just on its own it's something I wish it had been an option when my kids were younger!  But it's now available in a bundle with
KidStream, as well as TasteMade, CuriosityU, and SOMM TV.  

You'll save 43% off the monthly cost if you pay for a year at a time.  "Discover the stories of our world and beyond with CuriosityStream."





After multiple vandalism events in our area, I started asking around for recommendations of security cameras that aren't part of a monitoring plan.  Between Ring, Blink, eufy, and Aosom, eufy came out as the overall winner based on reviews.  This one is currently 35% off at Amazon - and it doesn't need to be wired in.  (eufy Security SoloCam S340, Solar Security Camera, Wireless Outdoor Camera, 360° Surveillance)




This one is 26% off at Amazon, and it does need to be wired in but it has enough features that I think the effort would be worth it.  I like that it has both a siren and two-way communication through the app. (eufy Floodlight Camera E30, Security Camera Outdoor, 360° Pan and Tilt, AI Detection and Tracking, 2K Video, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, 2,000 Lumens, Custom Voice and Light Alerts)



Noise-cancelling headphones have recently become a thing in our household, and this wireless set from Anker set is my daughter's favorite. They are currently on sale for $47.99 (52% off) at both Amazon and Best Buy, and they come in black, blue, pink, and white.



If you prefer the Bose brand, and have the budget for it, the Bose QuietComfort Headphones are 38% off at Amazon (presumably making space for the newer Bose QuietComfort Ultra).




We used Homeschool Planet for years to organize our week and lay out lesson plans in advance.  It has grown to now offer a huge library of pre-made lesson plans for popular curriculum options, and annual members also have access to monthly parent education & support events. (An annual membership also saves you 25% over a monthly subscription!)


They also have a free 4-Year High School Blueprint tool to help you create a solid plan for grades 9-12, and a free Homeschool ID Card creator.




Twinkl has thousands of resources across many subject areas, but one great addition for the summer is "Camp Twinkl"!  Sign up for a 30-day free trial to get access to unlimited downloads, including these elementary-level themed activity packs perfect for families, daycares, and camps!

If you continue, a monthly subscription is $14.99 per month, or you can save $4.00 per month by paying a year at a time instead.



Who I'm newly following:


If you like baking, you'll love Gemma. 




Sarah at Plantbaes knows how to make food taste great - so far, I have not been disappointed by any of the recipes I have tried!



Halime Polat of Halime's Kitchen

One of Halime's recipes popped up on my Instagram feed one day, for her chocolate buns.  I was amazed first at how beautiful they were, and second by how many people assumed her videos were AI just because she does such gorgeous work.  (Not gonna like, I got severely offended on her behalf.)  If you want to be inspired, you can find her on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram (also here).  Sometimes the translation tools are a bit iffy on a word here and there, but a tiny bit of common sense will help you figure out what it means. ;) 









Popular Posts this Week